UWorld vs. Hurst… Which is better for NCLEX?

Hey guys, this is Nursejanx. In this video, we are going to talk about two of the more popular choices for NCLEX prep UWorld and Hurst.

If you’re new to this channel, welcome, I make lots of videos about the NCLEX, and I’m often asked what I recommend to nursing students who are studying for their exams.

There are a lot of programs out there that you can choose from, but two of the ones that I really like are UWorld and Hurst, but they both approach studying from different directions and I feel like one might suit you better depending on your needs.

If you already have a review program:

Uworld is the winner. If you only need practice questions, go for UWorld. They are the gold standard for practice questions, and although Hurst offers programs that mainly just give you self guided learning and access to their test banks, UWorld is still better in our opinion.

If you think you need a review program:

Hurst is the winner here, because it actually offers a review program. UWorld is only practice questions. They have great rationales and flashcards where you can learn as you go, but the focus is on taking questions.

Hurst actually has live review courses where you are guided through lectures with their faculty over the course of 3 days and you review the highlights from nursing school that are most likely going to be on the NCLEX.

Pricing

UWorld: $129 starting for 30 days, but no self-assessments, $159 for 1 self-assessment and 60-day access

Hurst: $109 for 30-day access, no review, $399 for 9-month access and a 3-day live review.

Hurst Review Discount Codes:

We have some great discount/promo codes/coupons for you all to save some money on Hurst Review products.

If you use our codes, we will get a small commission fee, and you will save money… so it’s a great way for you to support Nursejanx, and we thank you :slight_smile:

Click the link below and use the following promo code at checkout to save $20 OFF of Hurst N-Stream and Hurst Live

Code: nursejanxhurstlive

Save $20 on Hurst N-Stream / Hurst Live

Click the link below and use the following promo code at checkout to save $10 OFF!

Code: nursejanxhurstonline

Save $10 on Hurst Now / Hurst Now Plus

Money-back guarantee and passing rates

Hurst wins here because they offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you fail. UWorld does not have a money-back guarantee. Hurst also advertises their pass rate which is 98.6%, while UWorld does not.

Conclusion

Both are great options for NCLEX prep. Do you feel confident with your content knowledge and just want to get better at taking practice tests? Do UWorld.

Do you feel like you have poor content retention from nursing school and need a review course? Do Hurst.

Or… use what you already bought in nursing school. Start there and see if it is enough preparation. See what your passing rates are from your program and if they are high and you already got a review program as part of your school, then stick with that. A lot of NCLEX prep brands are high quality, and all of the big names have excellent passing rates and get results. So if you already have one, then save your money.

Join our Affiliate Program!

We offer our affiliates 25% Commission on all referrals.

Check it Out!

Visit the Nursejanx Store!

Check out our FREE NCLEX Success Program and nursing report sheets.

Check it Out!