Pearson Vue trick (PVT) 2018 - Did I pass the NCLEX?

The Pearson Vue trick is a way to see if you’ve passed your NCLEX without getting your official results.

Step 1

Submit your NCLEX and wait for the results to be transmitted to the main Pearson Vue servers. This will most likely be almost immediate, but it may take up to a few hours after you click the submit button at your NCLEX testing location.

Step 2

Go to http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/ to try and re-register for another NCLEX.

Passing results

There are a few pop-ups or messages that have been associated with a passing NCLEX attempt. Here are a few that you might see.

Passing message

Our records indicate that you have recently scheduled this exam. Another registration cannot be made at this time.

Alternate passing message

Our records indicate that you have recently scheduled this exam. Please contact your Member Board for further assistance. Another registration cannot be made at this time.

Failing results

If the website lets you follow through with an additional registration attempt and allows you to enter your billing information, then, unfortunately, you have not passed the NCLEX.

Why is this a failing message?

Pearson Vue does not want to be issuing refunds left and right, so they have designed their website to not collect payments from people who have passed their NCLEX.

Is the Pearson Vue trick accurate?

Yes, for years now, hundreds of thousands of people have had luck using this method before the official results are processed and posted. The reason for the delay in official results is because they need to be verified by a human and paperwork needs to be processed in conjunction with your state’s board of nursing.

Is the Pearson Vue trick free?

Yes, you do not have to pay for the Pearson Vue trick, and if you do, then I’m sorry because you haven’t passed :pensive:

Is the Pearson Vue trick different from “Quick Results”?

The trick is actually a faster and completely free alternative to Pearson Vue’s “Quick Results” which are official results but will cost you. The trick is not official.

You can read more about common NCLEX rumors and get the facts here:

How Does the NCLEX RN Really Work?
How Does the NCLEX RN Really Work?

Just to share… I took my test at 12:30 pm and it ended at 2:30 pm. It ended at 75 questions and at least half the test if not more were select all that apply, which horrified me. I did not feel bad walking out though. I tried the Pearson Vue trick earlier, and just now, and I still get the message that claims I passed the test. I should be getting my results back soon and will follow up and confirm that I did indeed pass.

Congrats man, that’s awesome news! Let us know when it’s official!

Officially, I passed my NCLEX! So it stands to reason that the Pearson-Vue registration trick is legitimate.

From having read this site and learning more about the NCLEX after the fact, the advice I would impart to those about to take it is, practice your select all that apply questions. There can and will be a ton of them, and if you were hoping to dodge them…. that probably won’t be the case. Good luck!

Amazing! Welcome to the fold, brother!

I agree with you about the SATAs being a majority of the questions when you’re doing well. In the middle of your test you might feel like you’re doing horribly but so long as you’re testing in the upper echelon of the test bank (i.e. above the passing threshold), you’ll be fine even if you get about half of them wrong. It might seem weird to you since you’re not used to taking computer adaptive tests, but trust me, you’ll be okay :slight_smile: