How Long Does it Take to Get Official NCLEX Results from the Board of Nursing (BON)?

We asked our community to tell us how long it usually takes to get official NCLEX results from their state boards on nursing, and we’ve made a list based on those answers. Please share your experience with us so we can improve this post, as the more information we have, the more accurate this can be.

Please note that these are estimates based on our users’ experiences and will likely vary based on volume, time of year, etc.:

State Business days
Alabama - AL 1-5
Alaska - AK 1-5
Arizona - AZ 1-5
Arkansas - AR 1-5
California - CA 2-10+
Colorado - CO 2-5
Connecticut - CT 1-5
Delaware - DE 2-5
Florida - FL 1-5
Georgia - GA 1-5
Hawaii - HI 2-5
Idaho - ID 1-5
Illinois - IL 2-5
Indiana - IN 1-5
Iowa - IA 1-5
Kansas - KS 1-5
Kentucky - KY 1-5
Louisiana - LA 1-5
Maine - ME 2-5
Maryland - MD 2-7
Massachusetts - MA 2-5
Michigan - MI 1-5
Minnesota - MN 1-5
Mississippi - MS 1-5
Missouri - MO 1-5
Montana - MT 1-5
Nebraska - NE 1-5
Nevada - NV 1-5
New Hampshire - NH 1-5
New Jersey - NJ 2-5
New Mexico - NM 1-5
New York - NY 2-7
North Carolina - NC 2-5
North Dakota - ND 1-5
Ohio - OH 2-5
Oklahoma - OK 1-5
Oregon - OR 1-5
Pennsylvania - PA 2-7
Rhode Island - RI 2-5
South Carolina - SC 2-5
South Dakota - SD 1-5
Tennessee - TN 1-5
Texas - TX 1-5
Utah - UT 1-5
Vermont - VT 2-5
Virginia - VA 1-5
Washington - WA 1-5
West Virginia - WV 1-5
Wisconsin - WI 1-5
Wyoming - WY 1-5

Please see the following post regarding candidate performance reports (CPRs) which are sent to those who fail the NCLEX, which according to the NCSBN, are sent out with official NCLEX results:
How Long Does it Take to Receive the Candidate Performance Report (CPR) Email if you Fail the NCLEX?

Hi, I am so concerned, I just wrote the Nclex about 45 mins ago and I stopped at 75 with over 1million SATA questions and other very hard questions. I do want to believe the best. I want to try the trick.
When filling up the form, should I indicate that I have written the exam before or not? or select that I have never written the exam before??

Please help!!!

Hi, have you found out your result yet?

Yaaaaaaaayyyy!!!. I passed. I just found out this morning.
Thank you.

congratz! where were you tested?

I tested in Houston Texas. Probably the hardest test I’ve taken till date.

Anyone tested on Tuesday in CA that heard back?

How long after this did you find out your result?

I also took the NCLEX on 07/09. Haven’t heard anything yet. The waiting is just so exhausting.

Please lmk if you do?! On my 3rd week of waiting and no results as of yet. Still getting the good pop up.

Any update? I’m still waiting :confounded:

OMG 3 weeks? When did you take your test? and its in CA? Have you tried calling?

If it is out of timeframe already, it is reasonable for you to call them and inquire about your situation.

I took my Nclex 7/10 8am in CA. My exam shut off at 83 questions… PVT done with “good pop-up”. Lmk how long it takes them to let you know official results. You may see your number on Breeze after 12am, I heard thats how it works :woman_shrugging:t5:

Let’s wait and update each other tonight!

1 Like

I passed. The PVT worked. did a little bit reading and this is what I think. In CA, if you take the test on Mon, Tues, or Wednesday, you license is posted on Friday starting at 0000. If you take the test on Thu, Friday, and Sat, you license is posted on Tuesday starting at 0000. So please dont freak out like me if your license is not available within 36-48 hrs like your friend did

1 Like

2 days. Tested on 9th, finished my exam just before 10am. Saw my name on the TexasBoN at 8am on Thursday 11th

I think you are right. I took mine Wednesday. My name showed on BRN verification site this morning.

I took my test 6/20 and just got my letter in the mail this past Saturday. I passed, it was delayed because of a traffic violation that I had. But Pearson vue trick did indeed work. :pray:t4:

If you want to find out if you passed and it has been a couple days, you can begin checking by going to your state’s BRN website and type in your name and do a search for your license number. If you have a current license, you obviously passed. Will take time to get the official written notification. Congrats to all who passed!! Took mine 7/18 and got my license # 7/20! :grin:

Join our Affiliate Program!

We offer our affiliates 25% Commission on all referrals.

Check it Out!

Visit the Nursejanx Store!

Check out our FREE NCLEX Success Program and nursing report sheets.

Check it Out!