How is the NCLEX scored? NCLEX FAQs for 2018

If my test shuts of at 75 (or any number) out of the questions I received are 15 of the questions out of the 75 not counted against me?

That’s a good question. Are you asking if 15 questions are guaranteed to be experimental questions for every NCLEX?

Not sure about that, but as of 2017, there is such a thing as a special research section which appends to the end of your NCLEX, is randomly assigned (with parameters), and can be exited at any time. These questions are not counted for any credit. Perhaps they’ve replaced random experimental questions in people’s NCLEX’s with this new tail end section.

Either way, experimental questions are NOT going to count for or against you.

Thank you for your reply : ) .

Did you officially pass, and did the pearson vue trick work for you? Also, how long does California make you wait?

hey, i just took my boards today. i took all 265 questions so this might be different for someone who takes less, but the experimental questions are denoted as experimental and do not count towards your actual score.

Seeing as you actually receieved the experimental questions, would you find this seciton of the article to be accurate?

I actually didn’t know I could opt out of the questions. After 4 hours, it was difficult to focus on experimental questions- some being absolutely nothing like what was in the NCLEX itself.

But short answer: yes!

I just took my NCLEX exam and almost ran out of time. When i clicked next on the 265 question I had about 1 minute left remaining. Thoughts of failure were going through my mind and 2 days after I payed $8 to view the results and I passed! On my first try!! Thank you NCLEX gods! Sat there for 6 hours and took the entire exam… never again